Last weekend Scott really wanted to go on a hike. Along the Columbia River Gorge there are some waterfalls. It was only about 40 minutes from our house. It was beautiful. We took a trail up Wahkeena Falls, it was about 3/4 of a mile or so. Caden walked almost the entire way up. We told him if he walked at every switchback we would give him some more trail mix. He did awesome. He wanted to be carried on the way back down, which Scott did. Caden now weighs about 40 pounds, so he isn't the easiest thing to carry. I carried Hannah, she is only about 16 pounds. We walked that trail and then we went over to Multnomah Falls, which is actually the waterfall we intended to hike when we left our house that morning. We just walked up to the view bridge there because our kids were tired, and I had forgotten my tennis shoes at home so I was hiking in flip-flops. It was beautiful though. We have so many pretty places to go and see here in the Pacific Northwest. We are excited to be able to go and explore this beautiful area.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey there guys! thanks for FINALLY adding me to your blog. Your family pic at the top is too adorable. We love and miss you guys!
Hey I just found your cute blog! What a cute family you are! It's so fun to see the pictures and read what you've been up to!
Yay! Thanks for inviting me to view your blog. I love your family picture at the top!
Post a Comment